Material Efficiency: Concrete Masonry
- A structural system, excellent seismic performance, with flexibility in design
- A preferred design material - its unitized installation, availability of a tremendous range of color, texture, face designs, and size combinations provides an expansive designer's palette.
- A finish material, including indoors - glazed or burnished cmu provide a variety of finished surfaces, from bold to subtly beautiful, and which do not need painting and do not promote mold growth.
- A noise barrier with good acoustic performance.
- A fire resistant assembly.