- QUOTATIONS: Our price list and all quotations given, either verbally or in written form, except those dealing with special order units, are subject to change without notice. All quotations dealing with special order units that will require signing of a Purchase Order by the Purchaser are valid for 30 days only from the date they are given. All prices given on any Purchase Order signed by the Purchaser and accepted by ANGELUS are valid only for 90 days unless specifically extended in writing by ANGELUS.
- PAYMENT TERMS: Purchase of all products ("Products"), other than for cash, is subject to credit approval. Arrangements for open account terms as to any order must be made prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of such order by ANGELUS. Should ANGELUS disapprove credit terms, all materials must be paid for in full prior to manufacture and/or shipment of any Products. Payments on open account are due on the 10th and delinquent on the 15th of the month following the month of shipment. NO DISCOUNT WILL BE ALLOWED IF PAYMENT IS RECEIVED POSTMARKED LATER THAN THE DATE OF DELINQUENCY.
Should Purchaser fail to pay timely, Purchaser is obligated to pay interest at the Annual Percentage Rate of 18% on unpaid open accounts and/or Purchase Orders from the date of such failure, together with all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney's fees, whether or not suit is instituted. The foregoing rights are in addition to any other remedy of ANGELUS.
- DELIVERIES: Deliveries are made five (5) days per week, Monday through Friday. Delivered prices are quoted on the basis of full truckloads. A minimum fifteen (15) cubes of Normal weight, sixteen (16) cubes of Medium weight or Slumpstone™, and eighteen (18) cubes of Light weight, are considered a full truckload. Deliveries of less than full truckloads will be subject to a minimum delivery service charge based on number of pallets short of full truckload. On deliveries to more than one job site (within 5 miles), there will be a split delivery charge. ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED A MINIMUM OF 8 WORKING HOURS IN ADVANCE OF DESIRED TIME OF DELIVERY. This is particularly important where a "First Loads A.M." is desired. During periods of inclement weather, all deliveries are "HELD" pending further instructions from Buyer. Blocks will not be placed inside the curb line unless responsibility for any and all damage is assumed, in writing, by the Purchaser, and then only at the discretion of ANGELUS' driver. For deliveries into areas designated "Special or Hill" on the Rock and Sand Zone map, Purchaser should check with our Dispatcher for delivery prices. UNDER NO CONDITION WILL PRODUCTS BE PLACED OR STOCKED ON SCAFFOLDS.
- TRANSPORTATION, TAXES, and JOBSITE PICKUP: All transportation costs other than those included in the FOB destination prices shall be paid by Purchaser. Purchaser shall pay all Federal, State, and Local taxes. Unloading time will be limited to ONE HOUR. Additional unloading time due to a Purchaser's request to stock or spot blocks, move blocks previously delivered by ANGELUS at the Purchaser's request or direction, poor job site conditions, traffic congestion at job site, wait for other crafts or general contractor, etc., will be charged at the current published hourly rate (or fraction thereof). Pickup of unused masonry units delivered by ANGELUS will be done only once when ordered by the Purchaser at the conclusion of masonry work. Free pick up time shall be limited to one hour. Any time required beyond the free hour will be charged at the current published hourly rate (or fraction thereof). Backhaul of unused masonry units or empty pallets will be performed only on the condition that units and/or pallets are readily available by forklift and cubed or stacked in a manner permitting proper loading and safe hauling. Materials damaged after delivery will not be backhauled, nor will any credit be issued.
- RETURNS: All blocks returned are subject to count and inspection by ANGELUS, and credit will be issued for units resalable as "FIRST" only. Blocks eligible for a return credit will be credited at NET FOB yard prices less a 25% restocking charge. If units are returned via ANGELUS trucks, additional transportation will be charged at current delivery rates. NO CREDIT WILL BE ALLOWED ON ANY RETURNED Slumpstone™, CHOCOLATE OR BLACK UNITS, SPECIAL SHAPES OR SIZES, OR SPECIAL COLOR SMOOTH OR SPLIT UNITS.
- ESTIMATES: ANGELUS assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of estimates of Purchaser's requirements. The Purchaser must supply exact quantities to ANGELUS.
- SAW CHARGES: Saw cutting will be done only on units manufactured by ANGELUS and requires 24 hour minimum notice. A charge per cut will be made for special saw cuts, subject to a minimum charge. Cutting involving multiple handling of units may be charged on a time and material basis.
- PALLETS: A pallet deposit will be charged. A portion of the deposit will be credited or refunded upon the return of the pallets to ANGELUS within thirty (30) days from the date of the deposit charge, PROVIDED PALLETS ARE IN UNDAMAGED AND USABLE CONDITION. ANGELUS will accept the return of ANGELUS PALLETS ONLY.
- SPECIAL ORDERS: Signed Purchase Orders are required for special shapes, colors, high stress or textures. Once accepted by ANGELUS, such Purchase Orders are not cancelable in whole or in part. Prices and quotations on Purchase Order jobs are valid for only thirty (30) days from date given, unless extended in writing by ANGELUS. From date of receipt and acceptance of signed Purchase Orders, block prices will be valid for only ninety (90) days. After such period, unshipped units are subject to billing, storage charges, and repricing. Payment for units so billed will be due and payable as per terms set forth in Article 2; and ANGELUS maintains with respect to such payments its rights and remedies, including the right to be reimbursed for attorney's fees and costs as described in Article 2. Quotations for "special order units" are based on ANGELUS' supplying all standard masonry units required on a given project. Failure on the part of the Purchaser to order such standard units may result in a price increase for the special units even though a signed Purchase Order already covers such units.
- MOLDS AND SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: The cost of any molds or other special equipment that ANGELUS constructs or acquires for the Purchaser in connection with special orders will be charged to Purchaser. Notwithstanding the charges to Purchaser, all such molds or other special equipment shall remain the property of ANGELUS and in ANGELUS' possession and control and ANGELUS may use them for any purpose.
- LIMITED WARRANTY: ANGELUS warrants to each Purchaser of its Products that the Products will conform to the physical and mechanical properties provided in the Letter of Certification or Specification Sheet issued by ANGELUS for or applicable to the Products at the time of sale. ANGELUS does not provide engineering or other professional advisory services regarding the use or installation of the Products. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to obtain such services from licensed professionals.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THE PRODUCTS AND IS MADE IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
The sole remedy of Purchaser, and the sole obligation of ANGELUS, for breach of the foregoing warranty shall be to replace nonconforming Products or, at ANGELUS' option, to refund the purchase price. In no event shall ANGELUS be liable for any other or further damages, whether special, incidental or consequential, including, without limitation, delay, personal injury, property damage, work stoppage, loss of profits, loss of use of equipment, loss of or damage to the work ("Work") into which the Product is incorporated, or labor or other expenses associated with removing the Product from or replacing the Product in the Work.
- SPECIAL QUALITY PROVISIONS; MISCELLANEOUS:
- Variations in color, in shades of color and in amount of aggregate split are inherent in integrally colored and split concrete masonry units. No claims will be allowed for these variations. Samples of ANGELUS masonry units as may be submitted are representative of a type of masonry unit, a color, a shade of color, or a texture and the masonry units subsequently furnished in a shipment may vary from such sample or samples. ANGELUS will not undertake to match individual samples.
- All dimensions of units quoted by ANGELUS are "nominal", meaning that all standard units are actually 3/8" shorter than the sizes quoted and all Slumpstone™ units are actually 1/2" shorter than the sizes quoted in order to compensate for normal mortar joints.
- A 3% allowance (or discount) to cover all claims for breakage, color variation, and all other defects is allowed on all purchases of manufactured products and is included on discounts quoted or "net" quotations. It is the Buyer's responsibility to conduct any testing or make inspection of masonry units before starting installation. IF, FOR ANY REASON, THE PURCHASED OR ORDERED MATERIALS ARE REGARDED AS UNSATISFACTORY, OR UNACCEPTABLE FOR ANY REASON, ANGELUS MUST BE INITIALLY NOTIFIED BEFORE INSTALLATION IS BEGUN. The provisions of our Limited Warranty apply to claims by any Buyer that material purchased or ordered is defective or of non-structural quality. No claim under our Limited Warranty will be allowed unless ANGELUS' investigation supports the claim. ANGELUS will not be liable for and will not recognize any claims made after the start of installation for masonry units said to be incorrectly sized, shaded, not matching, or otherwise unsatisfactory.
- Purchaser shall pay any charges incidental to inspections or tests made by or on behalf of the Purchaser to determine compliance with specifications.
- ANGELUS is not obligated to furnish signed receipts for material delivered.
- All product weights are established by ANGELUS and subject to change without notice.
- FORCE MAJEURE: ANGELUS shall not be liable for any failure or delay of performance due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to, acts of God or the public enemy, floods, fires, earthquakes, hostilities, war (declared or undeclared), acts of any de jure or de facto government or any of its subdivisions, bureaus or agencies, strikes or other labor troubles whether direct or indirect, terrorist acts, riots, insurrections, civil commotion, loss or shortage of labor, transportation, shortage of raw materials or energy sources or failure of usual means of supply. Should failure or delay in ANGELUS' performance occur because of any of the foregoing, ANGELUS reserves the right as to any materials so affected either to cancel the order or delay performance for a reasonable period of time, during which period of delay the applicable order shall remain in full force and effect, SUBJECT TO ANY PRICE CHANGES THAT MAY BE REQUIRED. ANGELUS shall notify Purchaser as to the reason for its failure or delay in performance, and as to whether it has cancelled the applicable order or delayed performance. If performance is delayed, ANGELUS shall also notify Purchaser as to the period of time during which delay is likely to continue. ANGELUS may allocate available material between its own uses and those of its customers in such manner as ANGELUS in its sole discretion may consider appropriate. ANGELUS shall not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for loss, damage, or expense, nor shall ANGELUS be liable for incidental, consequential or any other damages with respect to any order affected by this Article 13.
- INFORMATION NEEDED BY SELLER FOR FILING PRELIMINARY NOTICES: The State of California prescribes certain guidelines for and requires certain information to be contained in Preliminary Notices filed by subcontractors and suppliers of labor or materials on construction projects. Purchaser agrees, and recognizes that it is a material obligation of Purchaser, to furnish all information needed by ANGELUS to timely file a Preliminary Notice on any construction project for which ANGELUS is furnishing delivery or incidental services hereunder.
- GENERAL TERMS: No waiver of a breach of any provision hereof shall constitute a waiver of any other breach. ANGELUS' failure to object to provisions contained in any communication from Purchaser shall not be deemed an acceptance of the terms of such communication or a waiver of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. The applicable accepted Purchase Order and these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire understanding of the parties with respect to any sale of Products. No alleged oral representations or promises by any ANGELUS representative that are not contained in the written Purchase Order or these Terms and Conditions are authorized or enforceable. This Purchase Order shall be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California. If any provision contained herein is deemed unenforceable, then the agreement will be interpreted as if that provision was severed.
- The sole purpose of this website is to provide general information to the reader. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- The information herein is correct to the best of our knowledge but is subject to amendment or correction at any time without notice; contact your nearest location for further information. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information or opinions found or offered on this website for any particular purpose, including its use in the preparations of architectural or engineering plans or specifications. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Our website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Any personal information submitted via this website, whether by email or other means, will be used solely by Angelus and will not be disclosed to any third parties. If you wish to view, amend or delete your personal data please contact us.
This website and its content is a copyright of Angelus - © Angelus Block Co., Inc. 2000 - 2017. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material. You may not distribute or commercially exploit the content, nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system without our express written permission.